Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BLOGGER'S BLOCK

I have been avoiding posting to the blog for several days now. I was attributing my 'Blogger's Block' to a form of mental exhaustion or burn-out I call 'Writer's Fatigue.' I also thought it might perhaps be an early onset of the 'Dog Days Syndrome' that occurs when a Houstonian's brain gets over-cooked from the seemingly never-ending, oppressive heat and humidity we endure during the months of August and September.

If you think I am exaggerating, just take a look at the weather forecast for Houston during August and September. It never changes, unless there is a tropical disturbance or hurricane in the gulf... "hot, humid and 20-30% chance of afternoon thundershowers."

However, when I finally forced myself to get proactive about getting something posted, I realized that my real problem could be better described as the 'Cindy Sheehan Syndrome.' I have been so reluctant to make a post concerning the grieving anti-war mother, and yet I could not force myself to just bypass the subject. Therefore, I am going to state my observations, without too much elaboration in the hopes that it will be enough to cure my Blogger's Block.

1. I found Cindy Sheehan's statement asking President Bush if he had encouraged his daughters to join the military comparable to and about as credible as something that Michael Moore might say. My question to Mrs. Sheehan would be... When and in what way did President Bush personally encourage your son to sign up for the military?

2. My second question to Mrs. Sheehan would be: What or who changed from the time you did meet with President Bush and you found him sincere and caring to the time you decided to become a 'cause celebre' of the anti-war, anti-Bush movement?

3. My third question: Considering that this is an all-volunteer military, one can assume that your son chose from his own free-will to join, and also assuming that he quite likely felt he was serving his country along side his brothers-in-arms... how do you think he would feel about you trashing his service and sacrifice and the service and sacrifice made by his fellow soldiers?

UPDATE: I went and read Cindy Sheehan's own words... I take back all my original resistance and sympathy... this is NO grieving mother... this a mother that is using the dead corpse of her American hero son as fodder for media attention and to serve her own warped anti-America agenda. If you have any doubts about this... go read her own words: http://www.veteransforpeace.org/convention05/sheehan_transcript.htm

You have a right to your own opinions - You do not have a right to your own facts!